The unique and the most important material for melt blown nonwoven fabric manufacturers is polypropylene with a high melt index. The advanced the melt-blown index of polypropylene, the finer the fibers melt-blown. This advancement of the fabric makes better filterability of the melt blown fabric.
Meltblown fabric application scope:
There are several applications of melt blown nonwoven fabric. The scope of the material is high:
- Medical and sanitary products: surgical gowns, sterilization wraps, protective clothing, hygienic napkins, masks, diapers, etc.
- Home decoration fabrics: bedsheets, wall stickers, tablecloths, bed covers, etc.
- Cloth for clothing: lining, adhesive lining, shaped cotton, flakes, various synthetic leather fabrics, etc.
- Industrial fabrics: covering fabrics, filter materials, insulating materials, cement bags, insulating materials, geotextiles, etc
- Agricultural cloth: crop protection cloth, seedling raising cloth, irrigation cloth, thermal insulation curtain, etc.
- Other applications: space cotton, thermal insulation materials, sound insulation materials, linoleum, cigarette filte, etc. Melt blown nonwoven manufacturers also made tea bags. It is one of the common and highest application scope of nonwoven fabric.
The melt-blown fabric is composed of polypropylene microfibers arbitrarily distributed and bound together. Moreover, the appearance is white, smooth, and soft. The material fiber fineness is between 0.5 and 1.0μm. The random distribution of nonwoven fibers provides more thermal bonding between fibers. The melt-blown gas filter material has a larger definite surface area and a higher porosity that is ≥75%. After the high-pressure electret filtration efficiency, the product has low resistance, high efficiency, increased dust capacity, and so on.
Main specifications of melt blown fabric
A wide width: there are various melt blown nonwoven fabric manufacturers provide a wide range of width. Generally, 600cm, 1200cm, 1600cm, and also determined according to customer requirements.
The melt-blown cloth is a high-speed hot air flow to draw a polymer melt-extruded thin stream from the die orifice. Thus, form ultra-fine fibers and collect them on the condensed screen or roller while bonding to become Meltblown nonwoven fabric.
The production process of melt-blown fabric is as follows:
- Melt blown preparation
- Melt extruded from the spinneret
- Melt blown flow drafting and cooling
Melt-blown fabric various uses
Melt-blown fabrics use polypropylene as the primary raw material, and this fiber diameter can reach from 0.5 to 10 microns. These ultrafine nonwoven fibers with unique capillary structures increase the number and surface area of fibers per unit area, making the melt-blown fabrics have good air filtration properties.
The melt blown is famous because of its properties. In this COVID-19 situation, the 3-ply melt-blown face mask plays a vital role in saving lives and preventing virus spread. In large, medium, and small medical institutions, melt-blown filter paper plays an irreplaceable role with its strong filtering performance effect.
The primary use of melt-blown fabric is:
- Medical and health material
- Clothing materials
- Filter material
- Wipe the material
- Environmental protection material
- Battery separator material