Non-woven fabric is one of the primary materials used in the manufacturing of medical masks and surgical masks. For instance, with china melt blown fabric manufacturers for non-woven fabric production, dedicated Face Mask Production Machinery is used to mass-produce large disposable surgical masks quantities. To understand how these masks manufacturing machines function, it is necessary to learn how these face masks are constructed.
Medical face masks usually are created by loading together three layers of non-woven material. An inner layer of the face mask comes in contact with the wearer’s face designed to absorb moisture during normal expiration. An outer layer of non-woven melt blown fabric serves as a waterproof barrier that prevents any liquids expelled by the patient while coughing, talking, or sneezing from being conveyed or absorbed by the melt blown mask. Sandwiched between the mask’s inner and outer layers is a middle layer that serves as a filter. This middle layer is ordinarily created from polypropylene melt-blown non-woven fabric and treated as an electret. The electret action adds electrostatic properties to the filter layer, permitting electrostatic adsorption, which supports aerosolized trap particles by electrostatic attraction.
Mask Manufacturing Process
Mask manufacturing machinery used to create disposable medical masks rapidly automates the steps needed in the process. The necessary china melt blown fabric process steps for making flat disposable medical or surgical face masks are:
They combine the three layers of materials to produce the multilayer melt blown mask fabric. The face mask machine takes the different non-woven fabrics from the supports and feeds them into a layered structure.
- The metal nose strip accessory: china melt blown fabric manufacturers machine sews the flat metal bendable wire onto the wearer’s 3-layer fabric to fit the face mask to the nose and improve its seal face.
- Add folds and creases: the face mask machine uses a folding device to add folds and creases to the face mask to enable a standard mask to be adjusted to suit different wearers.
- Cutting & stitching: the three-layer mask material is cut into individual size face masks, and the edges are stitched to join the multiple layers.
- Attachment of ear loops: ear rope is involved, and the adhesive is applied, followed by a thermal press to secure the ear loops in place. Other methods of earloop attachment include the use of ultrasonic welding.
- Disinfection: medical-grade face masks are subjected to a sterilization process using ethylene oxide to render microbial contamination inactive. Following this treatment, face masks must be allowed to stand for seven days until the ethylene oxide level dissipates since the material is toxic to the human bandle as flammable.
- Packaging of face mask: then the period serves for melt-blown face masks packaging for the shipments.
Used for decreasing the risk of breathing gases, harmful odors, smoke, pollen, dust, smoke, other contaminated particles are hospitals, schools, travel, cleaning, painting, construction, and outdoor activities.
Comfortable to Wear:
The melt-blown fabric face masks are skin-friendly, and elastic ear loops and nose strip make them comfortable to wear.